Are you unhappy with certain aspects of your life? Or even worse, unhappy with all of it?
The good news is that you can change your life by changing what you think and what you do (or don’t do)!
The “bad news” is that to do this it takes some dedication to make the necessary changes to your subconscious mind.
So how do you change your behaviour and your life?
To start the process, you will need to take a look at what I call your life results…….
What I mean by this is that you need to take a look at the various areas of your life to see what results you have
- What do you look like?
- What is the state of your health?
- Do you have a relationship? If you do, what is the quality of it?
- What do you do for a living? Is it what you want to do for a living?
- How much money do you earn? Is it the amount that you want to earn?
- Where do you live? Is it where you want to live?
Life results are created by an accumulation of all of the decisions that you have made in that area of your life.
- If you eat two doughnuts every day, it’s likely that you will be overweight (life result)
- If you are constantly arguing/being defensive with people, it is likely that you will have a limited number of relationships with others
- If you love spending money, it is likely that you will not have a lot of money in the bank
- If you keep telling yourself that you don’t have any skills, it is likely that you will be in a low paid unskilled job
- If you keep giving your partner, who treats you badly, chance after chance, it is likely that you will remain in this unhappy relationship
See how this works?
You have made many decisions (things you did and also things you didn’t do), and their accumulative effect has created the results you now have in various areas of your life.
So, life results are created by a series of decisions…….Decisions are created by the beliefs that you have in your subconscious mind. Those beliefs are created by earlier experiences (memories).
The easiest way to change your life is to change your beliefs,
and the memories that created them.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to change your behaviour so you can have different life results:
1) Identify any problematic areas of your life e.g. health, relationship, work, money
2) Identify what the problem is with precision i.e. I am overweight, I am not earning enough money, I am arguing with my partner, I have no money in the bank
3) Then identify what you have done or what you have not done (the decisions/behaviour) that has created this life result i.e. overweight = eating too much, not earning enough money = stayed in a low paid job, arguing with partner = continually responding in a negative way to what they say or do, no money in the bank = spent a lot of money
4) Identify what beliefs you have that led you to behave in these ways and leads you to continue to behave in these ways. What beliefs lead you to take certain actions and what beliefs stops you from taking certain actions.
5) Change the beliefs that are leading to certain behaviours (or inaction) that are causing the unwanted life results.
There are a variety of ways that you can change your beliefs. If you want to try to do this on your own, there are books that you can read on how to change the beliefs in your subconscious mind.
However, changing your beliefs is far easier and more effective if you use a technique called Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT Tapping). For some beliefs, you will need to change your representation of the memories that created them. This again can be done with EFT. However, you will need a practitioner to guide you to do this.
Havening® is another method that can help you to change the memories that create subconscious beliefs. Again, you will need a practitioner to do this.
- Identify unwanted life results & the specific problems you want to change
- Identify what you do or don’t do that has created the problem
- Identify and change the beliefs that drive that behaviour or the beliefs that prevent certain behaviours
- Identify and change the memories that created the beliefs